Employer Description: Gallim Dance, a New York-based contemporary dance company, creates and performs original work by artistic director and founder Andrea Miller. Gallim is a highly sought-after company whose work has been acclaimed by the New York Times as “voluptuously polyglot choreography,” performed by dancers “of the highest calibre” (Dance Europe). The company performs for over 15,000 audience members annually in premier venues including BAM, New York City Center, and the Joyce Theater. The company also provides National Endowment for the Arts-recognized educational programming to dancers and non-dancers in its home studio in Brooklyn.
The administrative team at Gallim Dance is a high-performing group of dedicated and experienced arts administrators. This entrepreneurial environment offers strong learning and professional development opportunities as a key member of a talented and fast-paced team. Gallim has been recognized for outstanding entrepreneurship by Crain’s New York Business, The New York Times, and PBS NewsHour.
The Marketing Associate posting is a part-time position (25 hours/week) that reports to the Executive Director and the Artistic Director and works closely with all members of Gallim’s administration. The Marketing Associate’s role is to enhance Gallim Dance’s public image and recognition, nationally and internationally. The Marketing Associate oversees all marketing and press activity at Gallim Dance and produces sharp, exciting print and digital materials that convey Gallim’s artistic identity and vitality, while being free from error.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Production of print and e‐mail marketing campaigns and materials, including Gallim’s biweekly e‐newsletter
• Website content and development
• Social media strategy and updates, including Facebook, Twitter, and Gallim’s blog
• Management of promotional and performance DVDs and photographs
• Participation in larger strategic marketing initiatives, such as a company‐wide project to centralize contact management, and a possible website redesign
Candidates should be creative individuals with energy, ambition, and a passion for the arts, who thrive
in an environment of high standards where high‐quality work must be consistently and accurately produced.
In exchange for your efforts, Gallim Dance will provide a fun, fast‐paced and entrepreneurial work environment with smart and exuberant colleagues, as well as strong mentorship and frequent opportunities for professional development and growth.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience: Marketing, graphic and/or web design experience required, with a track record of successful online or print marketing campaigns.
• Skills: Ability to design marketing materials in Photoshop, InDesign and HTML‐based e‐marketing tools (e.g. Constant Contact) required, as well as the ability to make basic website updates via WordPress. Media skills including basic photography, videography, and video editing preferred. Facility with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and GoogleDocs required.
• Teamwork: Contributes positively and productively to the team and builds trusting and supportive relationships with colleagues.
• Self‐starting: Initiates and sustains momentum independently and is proactive in seeking new opportunities.
Please note: an unpaid Marketing Intern position is available for interested candidates who do not meet the required qualifications, but are seeking opportunities to increase their marketing and arts management experience.
HOW TO APPLY
The Marketing Associate position is part‐time, 25 hours/week, with schedule flexible but determined in advance. Compensation is on an hourly basis at a rate of $15/hr. To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.